Thursday, September 10, 2015

Mad over the Madding Crowd

This movie.
Yeah I need to just buy it already. It's gotten to that point.
Like I think this past week I've watched it at least once a day... sometimes twice. I've already paid for half of it in Redbox rental fees. But I seriously can't help myself.

I'm completely and utterly obsessed Far From the Madding Crowd.
ALL of it.

The music. The setting. The characters. The story. I'll go in to that in a second post - don't want you to O.D. on it just yet.

But oh the clothes!
With fall already here, I'm almost excited to exchange my flip-flops for boots and my tank tops for oversized nubby sweaters.
The costume designer for this film was/is a genius! The colors, textures, and natural fibers she used to outfit the cast are in a word, yummy. If clothes can be described as yummy...?
Even Matthias Schoenaerts, who plays the strong and meek Gabriel Oak, has an enviable wardrobe. Makes me want to pull out Ryan's big vintage Pendleton sweater and pair it with some jeans & a huge scarf.

Below I've included some potential current day outfits, curtesy of Anthropologie, J-Crew and a few of my favorite Etsy finds, inspired by this gorgeous film.
And if you haven't seen this film yet, take a look at the trailer posted below and see if you're not inspired too! More to come I promise!

































https://www.etsy.com/listing/210150204/oversized-wool-coat-storm-flap-coat-army?ref=favs_view_17






*You can find the link to each sartorial item by clicking their image. 
**All other productions stills from Far From the Madding Crowd were found via Carey Mulligan and Matthias Schoenaerts' fan sites, linked here by clicking their names.

2 comments:

Catherine L. Tully said...

How lovely! It's always nice to be inspired by something. :) Looking forward to some fall outfits myself!

Pallavi said...

Very nice blog. Thanks for sharing.
We ensure Best Online Training & Job Support.